Official rules for the Canadian Classroom String Giveaway.
- Eligibility: The Counterpoint Music Canadian Classroom String Giveaway is open to publicly funded elementary or secondary schools in Canada (not including Quebec). Employees of Counterpoint Music and any related company and their parents, subsidiaries or affiliates, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible to enter the Classroom Giveaway. The Canadian Classroom String Giveaway is subject to federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited.
- The Canadian Classroom String Giveaway is provided by Counterpoint Music.
- Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the Canadian Classroom String Giveaway, you (each and collectively, the “Entrant(s)” or “you” or “your”) indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, (a) these Official Rules and (b) Counterpoint Music’s decisions regarding the Canadian Classroom String Giveaway, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Entrants who do not comply with any of these Official Rules are subject to disqualification by Counterpoint Music, in Counterpoint Music’s sole discretion.
- How to Enter: entrants can submit entries by completing the following:
(a) by completing the online form contained at www.counterpointmusic.ca/school-giveaway which includes submitting the entrant’s full name, complete school name, and school board (no acronyms please) and email address;
Entry forms must be submitted during the Entry Period (as hereinafter defined) for the entry to be considered “completed in full” and valid.
- Drawing: On or around December 13, 2021, Counterpoint Music will select one (1) winner in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Counterpoint Music will contact the potential winner via email or direct message via Facebook or Instagram on or around December 14, 2021 using the information provided on each selected entry form. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received.
- Potential Winner Requirements: Counterpoint Music will attempt to notify the winner within one (1) business day of the date of selection, using the information included on the selected entry. If the winner does not respond within three (3) days of Counterpoint Music’s initial contact attempt, or otherwise does not or cannot accept a Prize, Counterpoint Music may redraw for the applicable Prize. Except where prohibited, each winner may be required to complete and return a declaration of eligibility, a liability/publicity release, and a confidentiality agreement (the “Affidavit/Release”) within three (3) days of notification. In addition, the potential winner will also be required to correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill testing question without any assistance in order to receive a Prize. If a potential winner fails to return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period or fails to return the provided documents and/or fails to answer the skill-testing question correctly, in each case within a commercially timely manner, an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Counterpoint Music is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected Entrant to receive notification or for the Counterpoint Music to receive a selected Entrant response.
- The winner will receive the prize as outlined above at no cost to the winner. Unfortunately we cannot ship to a PO box. A valid street address must be provided.
- Once the winner receives the prize, the winner must send us an image of the students with their new instruments to be used for promotional purposes.
- The Prize is not transferable. No cash or other substitution is allowed. Each potential winner must supply at the time of Prize acceptance, a valid Canadian postal address, phone number and e-mail address (as applicable). If repeated attempts to contact a potential winner to arrange for fulfillment of the Prize are met with no response, or the winner cannot or does not accept the Prize, the Prize will be forfeited and the Counterpoint Music has the right to select an alternate winner in a random drawing of the remaining eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Canadian Classroom String Giveaway is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Counterpoint Music may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend or cancel the Canadian Classroom String Giveaway to address the impairment and then resume the Canadian Classroom String Giveaway in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Counterpoint Music reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Canadian Classroom String Giveaway, or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in a disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Canadian Classroom String Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Counterpoint Music reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Counterpoint Music to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Counterpoint Music by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Counterpoint Music. The Canadian Classroom String Giveaway is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: Counterpoint Music will not request any personal information from any entrant nor will Counterpoint Music request any credit card information. There is no purchase required to enter and no payment to enter. Counterpoint Music does not require Entrants to submit confirmation of credit card information to enter for this, or any, prize contest. By participating in the Canadian Classroom String Giveaway, to the extent permissible by law, you agree to release, on behalf of yourself, successors, heirs, personal representatives and assigns, and hold harmless Counterpoint Music, its respective parent(s), subsidiaries, affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all costs arising out of any claim or cause of action, now known or hereafter known, to the extent arising out of or related to your participation in the Canadian Classroom String Giveaway entry or receipt, acceptance, possession and/or use of any prize, or of any misuse or malfunction of any prize awarded, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Canadian Classroom String Giveaway; (b) injury or damage to persons or property, as a result of your failure to properly operate the prize in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions including; or (c) any warranty with respect to any prize or component thereof. To the extent permissible by law, you waive the right on behalf of yourself, successors, heirs, personal representatives and assigns to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages regardless of whether Counterpoint Music knew or had reason to know of the possibility thereof. You acknowledge and agree that your participation in the Canadian Classroom String Giveaway and your receipt or use of any prize is done solely at your own risk. THE PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND COUNTERPOINT MUSIC DOES NOT MAKE ANY, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND REGARDING THE PRIZE(S). For any defects in the Canadian Classroom String Giveaway the Winner will rely solely on manufacturer’s warranties.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Canadian Classroom String Giveaway (including use of any prize) constitutes your consent to Counterpoint Music’s and its agents’ use of your name, likeness, photograph, video, prize footage, voice, opinions for promotional purposes worldwide, in perpetuity, in any and all media, manner, and formats now known or hereafter devised, without further payment or consideration.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Canadian Classroom String Giveaway or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Ontario, Canada. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Counterpoint Music in connection with the Canadian Classroom String Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Ontario, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Ontario or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Ontario.