This item includes only the Pulmonica itself, no method book is included.
The PULMONICA is a brilliant solution for patients who understand their lung function and want to take an active role in keeping themselves well.
Deep, resonant, meditative sounding harmonica that gently pulses the lungs.
Chest percussion and vibration (chest physiotherapy) have long been standards of care for patients with pulmonary problems. The medical literature is replete with scientific studies demonstrating the effectiveness of chest physiotherapy in the treatment of individuals having difficulty clearing secretions. The PULMONICA can be a useful supplement for existing physiotherapeutic methods.
* Breathe better in as little as two weeks. No musical ability needed
* Always sounds soothing just by breathing slowly and deeply (listen to the sound example given above)
* Low frequencies loosen secretions with only five minutes use twice a day
* Promotes deep belly-breathing as a habit
* Smooth to handle and a joy to play
* This is not a regular harmonica: Research shows benefits of low tuning (Low G- listen to the sound example)
* Hand-made in Germany
* Booster for better resistance during practicing
* Anticorrosive stainless steel reeds, rivets and covers
* Meditative sounds are relaxing
* Detailed playing instructions included (see above tips)
* A great gift idea
From January through May 2013, a medically supervised study with the PULMONICA was conducted at the Senior Friendship Center in Sarasota, Florida, under the supervision of Dr. William Weiss (s. video), who has served as the pulmonologist at the Senior Friendship Center for 18 years. All study participants were tested for and had Stage 3 COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) without other serious comorbidity, such as CHF (congestive heart failure).
Results from the Medically Supervised Trial were extremely positive. All of the patients improved in their quality of life assessment, spirometry, six minute walk, and everyone agreed that the more they played the PULMONICA, the better they breathed and felt.