COUNTERPOINT MUSICAL SERVICES DISTRIBUTED PRODUCTS
Minimum Advertised Price ("MAP") Policy
Our MAP policy applies to the following brands:
- JT Lamy
- Don't Fret
1. Effective Date. This MAP policy ("Policy") shall be in effect in Canada in regards to certain products ("Products") effective as of the date specified on the particular price list. The price applicable to such Products shall be known in writing as the ("MAP Price").
2. Purpose. Counterpoint Musical Services has implemented this policy in conjunction with manufacturers to assist with our marketing efforts. We believe the Policy will offer Dealers both an incentive, and adequate profit margin necessary to provide the optimal retail services necessary to support and promote the brands.
3. Guidelines. This Policy applies to all direct customers of Counterpoint Musical
Services ("Dealers"). Dealers are responsible for ensuring that affiliated downstream purchasers comply with this Policy. All pricing shall be in Canadian dollars. The MAP Program applies to all advertisements of selected products in any and all media, including, without limitation, flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, mail order catalogs, public signage, internet media or similar electronic media including websites, email newsletters, email solicitations, television, and radio. Internet media includes web pricing, “add to the cart” website pages, banner ads, broadcast emails and destination pages. Any Dealers choosing to purchase Products from Counterpoint Musical Services shall be subject to the following guidelines:
A) Any advertisement depicting a net price below the MAP Price will be considered a violation of this Policy.
B) Unless specifically permitted by Counterpoint Musical Services in writing, Dealers may not use statements like "price lowest in store" or "before in-store savings" or offer a discount program or any other rebate or promotions in conjunction with the MAP Price.
4. Counterpoint Musical Services uses all measures at its disposal to prevent the sale of its products by nonauthorized dealers. However, on occasion non-authorized pricing below MAP may appear on the internet. Authorized Dealers must abide by MAP or will be considered in violation of the MAP policy.
5. Unless specifically permitted by Counterpoint Musical Services in writing, for bundled Products advertising, Dealers may not offer inferred savings below the MAP Price, whether or not the price of both Products is listed. Even for storewide or category events, only a consistent discount for the bundled Products is permitted and such discounts cannot be combined with other dealer offered discounts as "valued add(s)" which would result in a lower advertised price.
6. Violations. Counterpoint Musical Services will administer and enforce this program in its sole and absolute discretion. Counterpoint Musical Services may also refuse orders from Dealers who, among other things, fail to comply with Counterpoint Musical Services’ policies and criteria regarding the sale of Products. Counterpoint Musical Services is not required to provide prior notice or issue warnings before taking such action.
7. General. This Policy is subject to change in whole or in part, from time to time and at any time, in Counterpoint Musical Services sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Confidentiality. The terms and conditions of this Policy are strictly confidential.