Passione Violin String Set
Passione Violin Strings: The gut string with increased tuning stability.
* Finely wound and polished, handmade gut strings
* Powerful sound
* Very easy response
* Significantly increased tuning stability vs. traditional gut core strings
* The sheep gut core of the Passione strings is manufactured, wound and polished in the traditional way, by hand.
* The core sound is full, round and warm and has a complex overtone spectrum causing brilliance and clarity and a great power of projection.
* Passione strings possess a fascinating diversity of sounds, which allows musicians to alter their tone as desired.
* The sound is big and powerful.
* Very easy response on all levels of the dynamic range
* The accuracy of the contact point is easily manageable.
* Significantly reduced playing-in time: Passione strings are immediately playable other than traditional gut strings.
* Altering the gauge by 1/4 PM changes the tension by 3%.
Set: The medium set contains the following strings:
* E-Silvery Steel 26,
* A-aluminum 13 1/2,
* D-silver 13 1/2,
* G-silver 16 1/2
* All A-, D- and G-strings come with a ball-end in order to facilitate the installation.
* The E-strings are available with ball- or loop-end.
* Passione A-, D- and G-strings are manufactured in up to five gauges in steps of 1/4 PM.
* The Passione E-string Silvery Steel is available in the following gauges:0.255mm – 0.26mm – 0.267mm.
Packaging: * Envelope * Straight Sizes: * All Passione strings are available in 4/4.
The length of colored silk at the peg end of the Passione G-string is different than the length of the A- and D- strings. This has been done intentionally and is part of the construction of the G-string. The special length of the G-string’s color winding at the peg end prevents the string from breaking in the peg box. At the latest after two to three days the stretching process will be finalized. As a result the silk winding will no longer reach over the nut. Pirastro has made numerous tests with this special G on various Violins all differing in size and the string has always fitted. On some Violins it takes longer, with other Violins the string even fits from the beginning.